Should a claim be filed with the Wage Claim Unit?

The Wage Claim Unit can only accept claims for Utah wages earned within the last year from the date the wage claim is filed. Claims must also be for at least $50 but no more than $10,000. We do not have jurisdiction over public employees. If you do not meet the requirements for a claim with the Wage Claim Unit, you may be able to file a case in Small Claims Court.

Is the amount of my claim at least $50 but no more than $10,000?

Did you earn the wages for the claim as a public employee?

Were the wages for the claim earned within the last year?

Were you employed in Utah?

 160 E. 300 S., 3rd Floor, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
(801) 530-6800 or (800) 530-5090
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm